Wednesday 27 August 2014

WoW - Legendary Quest - The Thunder Forge Scenario Easy Tactic

The night before last I was tooling around The Isle of Thunder doing the dailies and I finally hit exalted with the Black Prince. I had all of the Sigils or whatever and the auction house is laden with cheap Trillium so this was the sticking point.

Well tonight I dinged 'Exalted'. So I hearthed back and bought up my Trillium and went and handed in my quests.

The next quest in the legendary chain is The Thunder Forge

Here you have to go to the Thunder Forge and help Wrathion :

a) Outside by killing stuff. Easy. Stand in blue orbs.
b) Inside by helping the Defender protect the Blacksmith. Harder and Hectic. Keep the Defender topped up on HP for more damage.
c) Inside again. Right royal pain in the arse!! I was trying all kinds of tactics. Once all my gear was red I was dreading hearthing out and having to redo everything (you don't need to apparently, while dead you can go outside and resurrect and call your repair mount.)!

But I didn't need to. Three attempts of the following strategy got me the quest complete, even with all my armour at 0%!!

You resurrect at the door by the spirit healer then run down the steps and then click all of the anvils whilst taking the smallest circular route you can around the central spire. Quick as you can. Speed boost may help here! Potions, enchants ... anything.

Yes. Forget saving anvils for insanity. Click all the anvils as quickly as you can to give the defender massive DPS boost and then have a pop at the Sha yourself.

Twice I was close but the insanity got me. The third time the Sha was already at 21% when I got within range and after 1 judgement the Lance appeared.

Wrathion 1 - 0 Sha of Amalgamation

No comments: